Research Analyst @TenderAlpha
Who we are:
Bizportal is a global data mining and analytics solution provider mainly focused on retrieving and aggregating government and open company data. Our mission is to provide accurate and relevant data tailored to the needs of our clients while also developing the first and only government procurement data product designated for investment and credit rating analysis. We strive to accelerate scalability of public sources coverage, while also automating data aggregation to reach an ever-evolving level of data analytics and insights.
Founded in 2013 as a local public procurement information portal, Bizportal Limited is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with permanent US presence in Washington D.C. area. The company has been rapidly developing as a global data vending business, currently operating as a public procurement information provider for large government vendors, leading credit rating agencies and investment professionals in Europe and the United States.
Our flagship product:
TenderAlpha is our main product providing both advanced analytical solutions for institutional investors and rating agencies in addition to alerts and intelligence services for more traditional corporate use by companies involved in public procurement bidding globally. We cater to different business needs by employing innovation and flexibility to the maximum effect and thus we strive to develop TenderAlpha as the place to go when it comes to global government procurement and the related corporate data.
At Bizportal, our success is powered by people and technology. Our culture is what makes Bizportal a sustainable, joyful and rewarding place to work. We don’t micromanage but encourage our employees to be autonomous and act like entrepreneurs. We champion diversity and we are always seeking new ways to amaze our customers. Success is celebrated and integrity is the core of who we are at Bizportal.
Give us your best and we’ll give you ours!
As a Research Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to work in the area of processing company and institutional data. Your primary responsibility will be gathering and analyzing data, maintaining and constantly improving the quality of the company data, and collaborating with the Analytical, Development and Sales teams to present it in a convincing way. You will also be entrusted to provide insights on advancing or modifying new and existing statistical/ mathematical approaches in line with research plans, perform test, correct errors, execute desktop research plans and check validations. Our Analytical professionals also do reformatting, entering, editing, merging, and maintaining data in preparation for analysis while communicating statistical outcomes using visualization tools. Naturally, as Research Analyst, you will guarantee data integrity, improving the quality, completeness, and consistency of data.
How would a typical week look for you:
- Monitor public procurement opportunities in Europe and USA from a pre-defined list of sources
- Conduct desktop research to help prepare quarterly market reports
- Prepare, write and edit market reports, product presentations and related materials
- Research and validate company information from a preliminary delivered list of companies
- Resolve any data issues and discrepancies
- Translate data into commercial insights
- Work closely with other technology staff to develop automated solutions for a reporting and analytical platform
What you will bring along:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Social Studies
- 2 or more years of experience working in market research and/ or data analysis
- Fluency in English, proven by Higher education in English and/ or TOEFL, IELTS, or minimum C1 Certificate
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (focus on Microsoft Excel)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, bridge data gaps and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Strong attention to detail, natural curiosity with the ability to problem-solve creatively
- Good people skills and positive attitude
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
What would be considered as advantage:
- Exposure to public procurement monitoring and/ or tender/ grant application
- General understanding of shares/ derivatives/ options
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Performance-based annual bonuses
- Supportive and sustainable environment that values collaboration
- Hybrid work mode and flexible working time
- Result-driven career path development
- Involvement in a growing and challenging project with global coverage
- Monthly team challenges and quarterly team buildings
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Flexible benefits system allowing you to design your own benefits package which fits your lifestyle (ranging from sports cards, vouchers, discounts, transport, babysitter, etc.)
- Complimentary day off for your birthday
- Friendly and inspiring atmosphere
You believe to be the perfect fit for this role? Then we would be delighted to hear from you!