Research Analyst Intern @TenderAlpha
Who we are:
Bizportal is a global data mining and analytics solution provider mainly focused on retrieving and aggregating government and open company data. Our mission is to provide accurate and relevant data tailored to the needs of our clients while also developing the first and only government procurement data product designated for investment and credit rating analysis. We strive to accelerate scalability of public sources coverage, while also automating data aggregation to reach an ever-evolving level of data analytics and insights.
Founded in 2013 as a local public procurement information portal, Bizportal Limited is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with permanent US presence in Washington D.C. area. The company has been rapidly developing as a global data vending business, currently operating as a public procurement information provider for large government vendors, leading credit rating agencies and investment professionals in Europe and the United States.
Our flagship product:
TenderAlpha is BizPortal’s main data product - the only global government contracting information product with more than 12 years of historical data and truly expansive geographical coverage. Its applications include, but are not limited to: investment analysis of publicly listed companies as well as credit rating of private companies (with high exposure to government contracting); green and sustainable procurement monitoring; global, regional and sectoral economic analysis; insights into institutional performance and public spending transparency; alert & intelligence services (catering to the needs of companies involved in the public procurement bidding process globally).
Given the breadth of use cases, our client portfolio includes a variety of large corporations, hedge funds and different research and public institutions.
At Bizportal, our success is powered by people and technology. Our culture is what makes Bizportal a sustainable, joyful and rewarding place to work. We don’t micromanage but encourage our employees to be autonomous and act like entrepreneurs. We champion diversity and we are always seeking new ways to amaze our customers. Success is celebrated and integrity is the core of who we are at Bizportal.
Give us your best and we’ll give you ours!
Supporting our team of Analysts, you will have the unique opportunity to dive into the area of processing company and institutional data and build job-ready skills by learning from the best. You will master how to translate data into commercial insights, providing direct analytical and reporting support in delivering the firm’s array of data/ analytical products and services. You will experience the challenges and benefits of working in a fast-paced work environment, effective team collaboration and collective implementation of creative solutions to unique problems.
How would a typical week look for you:
- Supporting the team in monitoring public procurement opportunities in Europe and USA from a pre-defined list of sources
- Conducting desktop research to assist the preparation of quarterly market reports
- Assisting in the preparation, writing and editing of market reports, product presentations and related materials
- Researching and validating company information from a preliminary delivered list of companies
- Assisting the team in resolving any data issues and discrepancies
- Participating in ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and/ or improve the quality of the data set
Skills you will master:
- Data analysis
- Data collection
- Ability to interpret complex data
- Bridge data gaps
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Problem solving
What you will bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree or studying towards a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Social Studies
- Fluency in English
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (focus on Microsoft Excel)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, bridge data gaps and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Strong attention to detail, natural curiosity with the ability to problem-solve creatively
- Good people skills and positive attitude
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Paid internship program
- Supportive and sustainable environment that values collaboration with great energy
- Hybrid work mode and flexible working time
- Growth potential (possibility for transition to employment contract)
- Involvement in a growing and challenging project with global coverage
- Monthly team challenges and quarterly team buildings
- Friendly and inspiring atmosphere
You believe to be the perfect fit for this role? Then we would be delighted to hear from you!