Research Analyst – Ownership project @TenderAlpha
Who we are:
Bizportal is a global data mining and analytics solution provider mainly focused on retrieving and aggregating government and open company data. Our mission is to provide accurate and relevant data tailored to the needs of our clients while also developing the first and only government procurement data product designated for investment and credit rating analysis. We strive to accelerate the growth of public source coverage, while also automating data aggregation to reach an ever-evolving level of data analytics and insights.
Founded in 2013 as a local public procurement information portal, Bizportal JSC is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with permanent US presence in Washington D.C. area. The company has been rapidly developing as a global data vending business, currently operating as a public procurement information provider for large government vendors, leading credit rating agencies and investment professionals in Europe and the United States.
At Bizportal, our success is powered by people and technology. Our culture is what makes Bizportal a sustainable, joyful and rewarding place to work. We don’t micromanage but encourage our employees to be autonomous and act like entrepreneurs. We are always seeking new ways to amaze our customers. Success is celebrated and integrity is the core of who we are at Bizportal.
Give us your best and we’ll give you ours!
Bizportal Ownership project:
The Bizportal Ownership Database collects global equity ownership data for the minority holdings of institutions, mutual fund portfolios, and non-institutional insider/ stakeholders in publicly listed companies with market capitalization of at least USD 100 million.
For our Ownership project the role of Research Analyst will translate to collecting and maintaining Mutual Fund and ETF portfolio holdings for equities worldwide from regulatory filings and fund reports which are publicly available, as well as the reference data associated to these funds. You will also be entrusted with the collection of shareholding information of directors, non-executive officers, beneficial holders, fund managers of public companies globally.
How would a typical week look for you:
- Managing the Mutual Funds coverage already in the database following the procedures already established for each country
- Identifying new sources of information in order to increase the Funds/ Contacts coverage in country/ countries followed
- Following the financial press in the country/ countries assigned. Keeping up with regulation relating to Funds/ Contacts
- Interpreting and then integrating data quickly and qualitatively in strict accordance with the established rules
- Keeping the coverage up to date; daily updates mainly based on shareholder’s ownership disclosures, based on company reports or other public sources
- Finding all public data relevant for analyzing the ownership information and describing it to the client
- Analyzing the ownership data and describing the ownership to the client respecting the methodology
- Understanding and explaining, in some cases, why ownership has been described in a specific way or why it hasn’t been taken into account
What you will bring along:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics or equivalent
- Computer literacy – skillful use of Google sheets for collection and processing of content/ data. Must be able to manipulate large spreadsheets (knowledge of SQL would be considered as advantage)
- Proven research and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data
- Strong command and understanding of modules and rules
- Experience in processing of corporate finance will be of added value
- Very good reading comprehension of English
- Enthusiastic, with strong sense of initiative and autonomy
- Focus on detail and quality
- Highly competitive salary
- Discretionary performance-based annual bonuses
- Supportive and sustainable environment that values collaboration
- Hybrid work mode and flexible working time
- Result-driven career path development
- Involvement in a growing and challenging project with global coverage
- Monthly team challenges and quarterly team buildings
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Flexible benefits system allowing you to design your own benefits package which fits your lifestyle (ranging from sports cards, vouchers, discounts, transport, babysitter, etc.)
- Complimentary day off for your birthday
- Friendly and inspiring atmosphere
You believe to be the perfect fit for this role? Then we would be delighted to hear from you!