Senior Software Developer @TenderAlpha
Who we are:
Bizportal is a global data mining and analytics solution provider mainly focused on retrieving and aggregating government and open company data. Our mission is to provide accurate and relevant data tailored to the needs of our clients while also developing the first and only government procurement data product designated for investment and credit rating analysis. We strive to accelerate the growth of public source coverage, while also automating data aggregation to reach an ever-evolving level of data analytics and insights.
Founded in 2013 as a local public procurement information portal, Bizportal JSC is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with permanent US presence in Washington D.C. area. The company has been rapidly developing as a global data vending business, currently operating as a public procurement information provider for large government vendors, leading credit rating agencies and investment professionals in Europe and the United States.
Our flagship product:
TenderAlpha is BizPortal’s main data product - the only global government contracting information product with more than 12 years of historical data and truly expansive geographical coverage. Its applications include, but are not limited to: investment analysis of publicly listed companies as well as credit rating of private companies (with high exposure to government contracting); green and sustainable procurement monitoring; global, regional and sectoral economic analysis; insights into institutional performance and public spending transparency; alert & intelligence services (catering to the needs of companies involved in the public procurement bidding process globally).
Given the breadth of use cases, our client portfolio includes a variety of large corporations, hedge funds and different research and public institutions.
At Bizportal, our success is powered by people and technology. Our culture is what makes Bizportal a sustainable, joyful and rewarding place to work. We don’t micromanage but encourage our employees to be autonomous and act like entrepreneurs. We are always seeking new ways to amaze our customers. Success is celebrated and integrity is the core of who we are at Bizportal.
Give us your best and we’ll give you ours!
How would a typical week look for you:
In this role we аre looking for team-oriented professionals to help us grow and guide the team in new ventures, so we’d expect you to:
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine the correct course of action
- Design architectures for medium-sized systems
- Actively participate in the development of high-quality and performant database solutions
- Gather domain/subject matter (business) knowledge and consult your teammates
- Drive style guides, team/project development best practices
- Proactively strive for improvement
- Have impact outside your main project/initiative, including company-wide
- Mentor our more junior team members
What you will bring along:
- A degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
- Experience of collaborative work in an agile environment
- Ability to quickly identify, analyze and resolve problems
- Be detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong communication skills, with technical and business teams, both verbally and in writing
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Understanding and applying best practices in coding and designing
- 5 years of experience in the industry
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge and understanding of some Design Patterns (OOP, architectural)
- Some knowledge in infrastructural topics and technologies (dev-ops) - containerization (Docker, kubernetes or similar), CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Unit and integration testing, TDD
Advantage - experience with
- Golang or Python (and their ecosystems)
- Full-text search solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch/Lucene)
- Data processing architectures, handling of long-running tasks, message/task queues
- Natural Language Processing
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Performance-based annual bonuses
- Supportive and sustainable environment that values collaboration with great energy
- Hybrid work mode and flexible working time
- Result-driven career path development
- Involvement in a growing and challenging project with global coverage
- Team challenges and quarterly team buildings
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Flexible benefits system allowing you to design your own benefits package which fits your lifestyle (ranging from sports cards, vouchers, discounts, transportation, babysitter, etc.)
- Complimentary day off for your birthday
- Friendly and inspiring atmosphere
You believe to be the perfect fit for this role? Then we would be delighted to hear from you!